It’s technology, in small bite-sized amounts. We deal with all things motion picture. Follow the light: from the lenses that see, to the sensors and cameras that capture, to the computers and systems that process, the microphones that vibrate, the recorders, and the playback, we cover a little bit of everything. Each episode is one product. One company. One bite.
After much anticipation, the Sound Devices 664 – The 664 Field Production Mixer is the new ﬂ gship in Sound Devices’ line of portable audio mixers. Building on the foundation of the popular 552 mixer, the intuitive 664 has six inputs channels and four output buses. All inputs and outputs are recordable to both CF and SD cards. This unprecedented amount of I/O connectivity and recording capability makes the 664 perfect for any production application.
• Six high-bandwidth, low noise microphone preampliﬁers with phantom, limiters, highpass, pan, and direct outputs per channel
• Four output buses, Left, Right and Aux 1, Aux 2; transformer-balanced for freedom from ground loops; multiple output connectors, including dual multi-pins
• Built-in production recorder, records all inputs and output buses, 10 tracks, 16 tracks with an attached CL-6
• Broadcast WAV recording to dual memory card slots, CF and SD
• Record different track combinations and to each card type
• High-precision, Ambient Recording-based time code generator/reader with auto recharging of internal TC battery
• Time code compare tool to measure offset from internal and external time code
• Quick, intuitive interface via sunlight readable, transﬂective LCD menu control
• Main controls on dedicated knobs and switches
• Two AES42/AES3 digital inputs (input connectors 1 and 6)
• AES3 output selection, up to eight channels of AES out (XLR, multi-pin)
• Expanded return monitoring capabilities, with three camera returns
• Dedicated communication circuit (PL)
• Built-in slate microphone and external slate microphone input connector
• Powered by AA-battery x5 or isolated (ﬂoating) external DC, 10-18V
• Metalized, gasketed carbon-ﬁber chassis panels for light weight and durability
About Craft Truck
CraftTruck.com – the on-line entertainment destination for in-depth, personal, informative and fun content about the world of film, television and all things motion picture. At Craft Truck, we want to tell the stories that haven’t been told; and get a little nutty along the way. Cinematography, editing, special effects and more – we’ll get into the minds of the world’s best craftsmen. Join us for a munch on the truck.