SundanceNOW Doc Club is dedicated to bringing you the world’s best documentaries and connecting you with a passionate community that celebrates nonfiction storytelling. Members unlock access to an extensive library of award-winning films, as well as exclusive access to movie premieres, award shows, film festivals and other membership benefits.
Doc Club does not run on formulas or algorithms – its films are specially handpicked by cultural icons and filmmakers to ensure that only the best films are featured. Its expert team works to uncover hard-to-find gems that can’t be found anywhere else and make it simple to choose what to watch through thoughtfully curated monthly programs. Doc Club is available to stream completely ad-free from your computer, Apple iOS 7+, Android 4+ and Apple TV (via Airplay). Roku and Chromecast coming soon. More info after the jump.
As an IndieNYC reader, you’ve been invited to try 2 months of SundanceNow Doc Club – FREE
What is Doc Club?
SundanceNow Doc Club is a new video streaming service from Sundance dedicated to the world’s best documentaries and movie events.
- Trusted Recommendations: Members unlock access to a extensive library of award-winning films handpicked by trusted cultural icons like Ira Glass and Thom Powers.
- Membership Benefits: Members also get exclusive membership benefits like free movie tickets, access to premieres, film festivals, award shows and more.
- Anytime, Anywhere: You can stream Doc Club on your smartphone, tablet, TV and online.
What kind of membership benefits does Doc Club offer?
- Free movie tickets to advance screenings and movie premieres
- All access passes to film festivals
- Seats at award shows
- Opportunities to meet your favorite directors
What are some notable movies and filmmakers on Doc Club?
- Movies: Hoop Dreams, Stop Making Sense, Bill Cunningham NY, The Thin Blue Line, Sherman’s March, Let’s Get Lost, 5 Broken Cameras, How to Survive a Plague, The Invisible War, Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry. Explore selection HERE
- Filmmakers: Errol Morris, Steve James, Ross McElwee, Alan Berliner, Joe Berlinger, Agnes Varda, Amir Bar Lev, Al Maysles, D.A. Pennebaker and many more.