3. PARENT WARNING
Some content may contain “R-rated” material, nudity, profanity, and mature subject matter. If you are under 18, do not view such content.
4. PROHIBITED ACTIVITES
In exchange for your access to the Services, you agree not to take any steps that are intended to or could damage, inhibit, or prevent operation of the Services or that could cause injury to yourself, to us, or to any third party. Without limitation, you agree not to:
· modify, enhance, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t (or others’) embeddable video player (“Embeddable Player”) or its underlying technology, including by disabling or modifying any portion of the Services in a manner that enables users to view content without using the Embeddable Player; modify, enhance, edit or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the content streamed via (or contained on) the Embeddable Player;
· use technology or other means to access the Services that is not authorized by IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t, including accessing the Services through any automated system, including “robots,” “spiders” or “offline readers” (other than public search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of the Services);
· introduce viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services or our servers, computer network or user accounts;
· collect information about other users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications or for any other purpose not explicitly authorized by IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t; distribute “spam”; advertise or solicit others to purchase any product or service within the Services or otherwise use the Services for any commercial solicitation purposes;
· use our servers, networks or other facilities for any purpose not explicitly authorized by IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t or to interfere with or cause damage to the Services or any other service operated by us or any other party; take any other action that we, in our exclusive discretion, believe may damage or injure you, us or any third party; or
· act in a deceptive manner by, among other things, impersonating any person; misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity; conducting fraud; hiding or attempting to hide your identity, except as otherwise permitted; harm or exploit minors; use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse or harm another person.
IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor all conduct on the Site and User Comments (defined below) submitted to the Services and to remove any User Comment for any reason, including because the User Comment is deemed to be inappropriate or because third parties have complained regarding the User Comment.
5. YOUR USER COMMENTS
IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t provides registered members of the IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t community with the ability to post comments and replies to existing threads or articles we publish (“User Comments” or “Posting”). If you post a comment or reply to an article or to one of our threads, you hereby grant IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t all rights in and to such Posting without limitation. We may edit, remove, modify, publish, transmit or display the Posting as we see fit. You waive all moral rights that you may have in having a Posting altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
You agree that you will not upload or post or otherwise publish any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or illegal material. You agree that you will treat the other members of our community with courtesy and dignity and refrain from any Postings that are discriminatory or would constitute or be perceived as “hate speech.” You also agree not to disrupt discussions or threads with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or “spam.”
The User Comments are also not the place for commercial Postings of any kind (including, though not limited to, advertisements, recruitment efforts, site announcements and program announcements) and any such Postings may be immediately removed. You are welcome to include URLs in your Postings, as long as such Postings do not violate the above.
6. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The contents of the IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t Site and Services are provided solely for your personal and non-commercial use. All material published on the Services or forwarded to you by email or other delivery method are protected by copyright and owned or controlled by IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t or the party credited with the content. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display or otherwise exploit any form any of the content, except as follows:
You may download or copy any of the content on the Services or delivered to you for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. In addition, you may forward our email newsletters to whomever you choose provided that you forward the newsletter in its entirety with no alterations or deletions, including, though not limited to, bylines, titles, advertisements and copyright statements.
8. CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
In the event that you have a claim of copyright infringement with respect to material that is contained on the Site or in any of our products, please notify us immediately by contacting us at:
Please provide us with the following information:
· an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest (or a person authorized to act on his or her behalf );
· a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
· a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
· how to contact you (address, telephone number and email address);
· a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent or the law; and
· a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
9. LINKED WEBSITES
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
INDIEWOOD/HOLLYWOODN’T, ITS SITE AND ITS RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED SOLELY FOR THE INFORMATION OF THE USERS OF INDIEWOOD/HOLLYWOODN’T’S SITE AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WE DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION OR SERVICES WITH THE INTENTION THAT USERS RELY ON ANY INFORMATION FOUND IN THE SITE AND SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL OR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF OR INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND/OR IMPLIED, ARE EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
13. OPERATED FROM
The Site is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States and The Netherlands. IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t makes no representations that the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Site from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with local law, including but not limited to export and import regulations. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Site are solely directed to individuals, companies or other entities located in the United States.
© 2015, IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t. All Rights Reserved. All information and designs on the Site are copyrighted material owned byIndieWood/HollyWoodn’t, except certain items that are the property of the original author, in which case the author will be credited. Reproduction, dissemination or transmission of any part of the material found on the Site without the express written consent of the owner is strictly prohibited.
16. TRADEMARK NOTICE
IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t®, and IndieNYC.com are trademarks of IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t, as is our logo. All other product names and marks on the Site and Services, whether trademarks, service marks or other type and whether registered or unregistered, are the property of their respective owners.
Any downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or content found on the Site or Services may be a violation of federal and state trademark and/or copyright laws and may subject the violator to legal action. No part of the Site or Services may be stored in a retrieval system, reproduced, transmitted or otherwise disseminated in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t.
Nothing contained on the Site or Services shall confer or be construed to confer any license or right under any copyright or mark of IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t or any third party, except as expressly consented to in these Terms or another writing signed by IndieWood/HollyWoodn’t.
17. FURTHER INFORMATION
For questions or for any further information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org